Answered By: Suzanne Levasseur Last Updated: Sep 21, 2016 Views: 33
Research Skills MOOC FAQs for Students
What if I have a Coursesites account but I can’t find the Research Skills MOOC?
- This happens if you choose LOGIN at the first screen rather than SELF-ENROLL.
- Go to the beginning MOOC/Coursesites link, choose SELF-ENROLL and then I HAVE A COURSESITES ACCOUNT.
What if I forgot my password?
- Go to the beginning MOOC/Coursesites link and choose FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD.
- Maximize the browser window and choose the EMAIL ADDRESS OPTION.
- Retrieve the email and follow directions to reset password.
- If this is not successful, contact Suzanne Levasseur and/or Ellen Pratt (email addresses below).
How do I email my achievement to my professor?
- In the MOOC, choose COURSE TOOLS from the menu on the left.
- Choose ACHIEVEMENTS. Any achievements you have earned will appear brightly colored. On the right of these achievements are three small icons. Choose the third one, the print icon.
- Now, with the achievement certificate large on your screen, press the keys CTRL and Print Screen at the same time. This will take a “screenshot” of everything on your computer screen.
- Create an email to your instructor. In the body of the email press the keys CTRL and V at the same time, which will paste the achievement into the email.
What if I don’t have enough points to earn the achievement for my class?
- You need to answer 80% of the questions correctly, which means a score of 120 for FYE 101, 384 for ENG 101, and 120 for CIS 127.
- Have you completed all the quizzes?
- Print the appropriate list of modules from the MOOC link on the library website.
- Access COURSE TOOLS and then MY GRADES in the MOOC. Compare completed quizzes with the list.
- Have you taken all the quizzes AND used up all quiz attempts?
- Print your grades and contact your instructor.
What if I have another kind of problem?